Convert to Propane in Oxford, Monroe and Beacon Falls, CT
Discover all that propane can do for your home!
Lots of your neighbors here in western Connecticut have made the switch to propane for their homes. Check our service area. Seymour Oil & Propane can help you through the process so that you can enjoy the benefits of propane in your own home.
- Because you’re not reliant on a natural-gas utility’s lines being in your area, propane can provide you with the same advantages wherever you reside.
- Propane has one more benefit over natural gas. Your propane tank is where your supply is kept. It’s there whenever you need it. Your natural-gas service could be disrupted by an issue with the mains somewhere else in your neighborhood. You might go for hours or even days without access to the natural gas you need for heating, cooking, water heating and other uses.
- Propane is much more efficient than natural gas, so you can save money on your energy bills.
- Become a CustomerIt’s more energy-efficient because it produces more energy. Propane generates 2,516 British Thermal Units (Btu’s) per cubic foot. Natural gas creates 1,030 Btu’s per cubic foot. With propane, you get a greater degree of efficiency for heating, water heating and other things you use propane for in your home.
- Propane furnaces and boilers operate between 130°F and 140°F. Electric heat pumps, on the other hand, can only heat to around 98°F. Warmth and comfort are better with propane than with electricity.
- If you rely on electricity for home heating and water heating, your monthly power bills may be pretty awful. Propane is the best for water heating and for getting water hot more quickly and for about 30% less than electricity!
- Propane clothes dryers can dry your laundry 25% faster than comparable electric ones. They also cause fewer wrinkles and are less harsh on your clothes.
- You can turn your backyard into a staycation destination with propane. It heats your pool and spa tub in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of electric models. Propane grills, firepits, outdoor fireplaces, patio and deck heaters, and insect traps all add to your quality of life outside.
Ready to enjoy everything that propane can do for your western Connecticut home? Become a customer and we’ll set you up!